The latest updates on the situation in Haiti can be found at www.state.gov/haitiquake/.

Information About Family Members

People in the U.S. or Canada with information or inquiries about U.S. citizens in Haiti may reach the Haiti Task Force at 888-407-4747 Ext 1 or Haiti-Earthquake@state.gov.  Outside of the U.S and Canada, call 202-501-4444.  Individuals requesting information about friends and family members should include full name, DOB, Passport information or any other identifying information.  Contact information in Haiti, such as phone number, hotel name or street address, should also be included.   Your contact information and relationship to person you are attempting to locate needs to be included as well.  Responses will be provided as quickly as possible.  If you hear from the person you are attempting to find, please send info to website.  There is also a people finder tool to access www.state.gov.  You can also register or search www.icrc.org.  Individuals attempting to located Haitian nations can contact the Embassy at 202-332-4090. 

If Colorado residents are having difficulty accessing any of these websites or phone lines, please contact any of my Colorado offices for assistance.

U.S. Citizens in Haiti

The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince has set up a special task force that is currently working to identify U.S. citizens in Haiti who need emergency assistance.  U.S. citizens in Haiti are urged to contact the Embassy via email at ACSPaP@state.gov.  They can also call the Embassy's Consular Task Force at 509-2229-8942, 509-2229-8089, 509-2229-8322, or 509-2229-8672.

Haitian Citizens in the U.S.

Haitian citizens in the U.S. attempting to find information on family should call the Haitian Embassy in Washington, D.C., at 202-332-4090, or the Haitian Consulate in New York City, NY, at 305-859-2003. 

Haitians currently in the United States, with or without a visa, may qualify for Temporary Protected Status (TPS), which will allow them to continue living and working in the U.S. for the next 18 months.  Information on how to apply for TPS can be found at www.uscis.gov or by contacting a local immigration office or refugee assistance center.  If you are having difficulty obtaining either information or the forms necessary to file an application, please contact any of my Colorado offices for assistance.

Adoptions Info

Colorado citizens with pending adoption cases in Haiti should first contact the State Department at AskCI@state.gov for information about their adoption case.  When sending an email, please include the following: full name and contact information of parents, full name of child, date of birth, the name and contact information of the orphanage, and the status of the adoption (where you are in the process). The Department of State is making every effort to respond as quickly as possible to inquiries regarding adoptions. 

If you have not received any information from either the Department of State or your adoption agency, please do not hesitate to contact any of my Senate offices across Colorado.  We are receiving updates on a regular basis from the Department of State and Department of Homeland Security of the progress of adoptions from Haiti.

For information on how to schedule an appointment for an orphan screening at the U.S. Embassy in Port au Prince please click here.

If your child has already been granted humanitarian parole, please click here.

If you want to make a donation
The State Department set up a texting system for those wishing to send immediate monetary assistance.  To do so, constituents can text "HAITI" to "90999" and $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross, charged to their next cell phone bill.

You can also visit www.WhiteHouse.gov, www.usaid.gov, and www.state.gov for more information on how to help.

  • Washington Office
  • Denver Office
  • Pueblo Office
  • Alamosa Office
  • Eagle County Office
  • Colorado Springs Office
  • Fort Collins Office
  • Grand Junction Office
  • Durango Office