Resources For Victims Of The Marshall Fire

In the wake of the Marshall Fire, please find resources below for those affected.

If you need assistance, please reach out to Senator Michael Bennet's office at any time by calling our Denver Office at 303-455-7600 or our Northern Colorado Office at 970-224-2200.

General Resources and Information

The Boulder County Disaster Assistance Center at 1755 South Public Road in Lafayette will close Saturday, January 22, at 5 p.m. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Small Business Administration will remain on-site until further notice.

The Boulder County Disaster Assistance Center provides services that include:

  • Consultation on property loss and filing claims for assistance

  • Gift cards for replacement of food and transportation costs

  • Information about short- and long-term housing

  • Help with vital records

  • Referrals to emergency shelter

  • Food assistance

  • Mental and behavioral health services

  • COVID-19 tests

  • Transportation vouchers

  • Referrals for personal finance planning

YMCA of Northern Colorado, located at 2800 Dagny Way in Lafayette, is open 24 hours a day and has items like diapers, toiletries, and pet food for fire victims.

Denver Indian Health and Family Services (DIHFS) is also providing assistance to those affected. If you need assistance, contact Carey Hawk at 720-591-0793.

The state of Colorado, with the expertise of Adventist Community Services, has officially opened a donations center at the Flatirons Crossing Mall.

The After the Disaster Guidebook – Boulder County is accessible in both English and Spanish. More information is available here

For more information, Boulder County residents should click HERE.

For more information, residents of Louisville should click HERE. 

For more information, residents of Superior should click HERE.

Additional Resources

  • Mental and Behavioral Health Resources
  • Applying for Individual FEMA Assistance

    Colorado encourages all individuals impacted by the Marshall Fire to apply for FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program. Individuals should first call their insurance agents and then apply for federal assistance. Apply for FEMA assistance online or by calling 1-800-621-3362. To find the contact information for your homeowner’s or auto insurance company, click HERE. For advice from FEMA on salvaging family heirlooms lost in the fire, click HERE


    Return to Top
  • Applying for U.S. Small Business Administration Assistance (SBA)

    Federal assistance is available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations. Businesses may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, and other business assets. SBA can also lend additional funds to businesses and homeowners to help with the cost of improvements to protect, prevent or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future.


    To be considered for SBA assistance and all forms of federal disaster assistance, survivors must first contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency at For additional information, call the SBA Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955.

    Return to Top
  • Insurance Information

    To find the contact information for your homeowner’s or auto insurance company, click HERE.


    If you have questions about insurance, contact the Division of Insurance. The Division’s Consumer Services Team will staff the phones and answer emails from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. MT. While claims need to be filed with the insurance companies, the Division can assist consumers with questions about insurance and the claims process. 


    Contact the Consumer Service Team by calling  303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 (outside of the Denver metro area), emailing or visiting the website (click on “File a Complaint”).


    If you are a homeowner or renter displaced by the fires, start the insurance claim process as soon as you can for your home or vehicle. If you are a renter without rental insurance, please apply for FEMA assistance. Apply for FEMA assistance online or by calling 1-800-621- 3362. 


    It’s important to keep in mind that the insurance process will take time. If possible, and only if it is safe to do so, try to document any damage by taking photos. If you have  been displaced by the fires, contact your insurance agent or company immediately to let them know where you are staying. Not only can they help you with coverage or claims questions, but they can also help find lodging options.


    If you are a homeowner or renter evacuated or displaced by the fires, save all receipts for living expenses. Homeowners or renters in these situations typically have insurance coverage for additional living expenses (ALE). Check with your insurance company or agent about your coverage. If you are unable to live in your house or apartment because of the fire, most policies will also reimburse you the difference between your additional living expenses and your normal living expenses. Again, check with your insurance company or agent about your coverage.


    For advice from FEMA on salvaging family heirlooms lost in the fire, click HERE


    Allstate set up mobile claim centers (MCCs) at the following locations:


    • Flatiron Crossing Mall (Outside of Dick’s Sporting Goods on the NE side of the mall): 1 W Flatiron Crossing Drive, Broomfield, CO 80021


      • Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MST


    • Disaster Assistance Center, Boulder County Facility: 1755 South Public Road, Lafayette, CO 80026


      • Hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST


    At the MCC, customers can meet with catastrophe personnel, get answers to claim questions, and file a claim seven days per week. Please visit Allstate’s Mobile Claims Center page for up-to-date location information.

    Return to Top
  • Disaster Unemployment Assistance

    FEMA has approved Colorado Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) for individuals in Boulder County who have lost employment as a direct result of the fire.


    First, you must file a Standard Unemployment Insurance claim. If determined ineligible, the system will provide an application for DUA. To qualify for DUA, claimants in eligible counties must show that their employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a direct result of the fire and that they are not otherwise eligible for traditional unemployment benefits under state or federal law. 


    • Individuals who are self-employed or otherwise traditionally ineligible for unemployment benefits may qualify for DUA.


    • Individuals will need their Social Security number, a copy of their most recent Federal income tax forms or check stubs. To receive DUA benefits, all required documentation must be submitted within 21 days from the day the DUA application is filed.


    • Affected individuals should visit or call (303) 318-9000 to file their initial claim. 


    The deadline to apply is February 3, 2022.  

    Return to Top
  • Teleheath Care

    Teladoc Health is providing free virtual health care services across the state for those affected. For those in communities that lack reliable internet connection due to the fire, telehealth visits can be scheduled immediately over the phone at 855-225-5032. You can talk to a doctor by phone or video from anywhere and, if medically necessary, have a prescription sent to a pharmacy that’s convenient.

    Return to Top
  • Lost Documents

    If you lost passports, military discharge papers, medicare or social security cards in the fire, please contact our office for help obtaining replacements. 

    Return to Top
  • IRS Deadlines

    Additionally, the Internal Revenue Service extended the 2021 tax-filing deadline and other deadlines to May 16, 2022 for those affected. Currently, relief is available to affected taxpayers who live or have a business in Boulder County, but the IRS will provide the same relief to any other Colorado localities designated by FEMA. The current list of eligible localities is always available on the disaster relief page. Read more HERE.

    Return to Top
  • Debris Removal

    Property owners in Louisville, Superior, and unincorporated Boulder County whose homes were damaged or destroyed by the Marshall Fire should complete and submit a Right of Entry (ROE) form as soon as possible in order to allow debris removal program teams to work on your property.


    Property owners choosing not to participate in the debris removal program are also asked to submit the form and designate that they are opting out so that Boulder County can accurately track all properties and ensure that cleanup and remediation efforts proceed efficiently and effectively. Completing the ROE and opting out of the coordinated debris removal effort still allows the county to assist with the removal of imminent hazards and perform hydro-mulching soil stabilization work.


    The ROE form and more information on debris cleanup are available at You can also complete and submit electronically an online version of the form. After downloading and completing the form, please submit it by:


    • Email –

    • Drop off - Debris Removal Program table at the Disaster Assistance Center – 1755 South Public Road in Lafayette

    • Fax – 720-564-2227

    • Mail – Boulder County Resource Conservation, C/O Debris Team, 1901 63rd Boulder CO 80301

    Return to Top
  • Loan Deadlines

    The deadline for Physical Disaster Loans will be March 1, 2022. For Economic Injury Disaster Loans, which is for businesses and non-profits who have suffered a loss of income due to the disaster, applications must be submitted no later than September 30, 2022.


    • People can get in-person assistance at the Disaster Assistance Center located at 1755 S. Public Road in Lafayette, CO.

    • To apply online they can visit:

    • Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call (800) 877-8339

    Return to Top
  • Rebuilding Resources

    Disaster survivors affected by the Marshall Fire can visit select Boulder County home improvement stores in the coming weeks to get rebuilding tips from mitigation experts.


    Mitigation specialists from FEMA will be on hand to answer questions about home repair, ignition resistant construction, putting together supply kits, and hiring a contractor.


    The FEMA specialists will be available through Tuesday, Jan. 18 at the Louisville Home Depot at 1200 W Dillon Rd. during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday.


    Additional mitigation events will be held at home improvement stores in Boulder County in the coming weeks.

    • Thursday, Jan. 27 – Tuesday, Feb. 1: Home Depot, 1600 29th St, Boulder, Colorado
    • Thursday, Feb. 3 – Tuesday, Feb. 8: Lowe’s, 1171 Dillon Rd, Louisville, Colorado
    • Thursday, Feb. 10 – Tuesday, Feb. 15: Home Depot, 393 S Hoover Rd, Longmont, Colorado
    • Thursday, Feb. 17 – Tuesday, Feb. 22: Lowe’s, 355 Ken Pratt, Longmont, Colorado


    Disaster survivors also may contact a FEMA mitigation subject matter expert with their questions at:

    Return to Top
  • Food Assistance

    The United States Department of Agriculture approved Disaster-Supplimental Nutrician Assistance Program benefits for victims of the Marshall Fire. Applications will be accepted starting on January 24 and until February 1.

    Return to Top
  • Rental Properties

    The Colorado Division of Insurance (the Division) has posted a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Rental Properties. The FAQs include information about insurance for both rental property owners (landlords) and tenants (renters).

    These FAQs were developed based on questions the Division received during Insurance Town Halls on January 4 and January 19, 2022, as well as questions Division staff received at the Disaster Assistance Center.


    Find more information about insurance and the Marshall Fire on the Division's Marshall Fire Response website. You can reach the Division's Consumer Services Team between 8:00 - 5:00 pm by calling 303-894-7490 or by sending an email to

    Return to Top