More Than $3 Million Available to Help 17 Colorado Community Health Centers
Senators Mark Udall (D-Colo.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) urged 17 Colorado community health centers to apply for funds from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services made available today to help uninsured patients enroll for affordable health insurance coverage. HHS is allocating $150 million — $3,009,204 for Colorado — for community health centers around the country to help more Americans receive affordable health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
"Community health centers play a crucial role in providing access to critical health services across Colorado," Bennet said. "These new resources will help ensure that Colorado families understand their options for health coverage, determine their eligibility for different plans, and enroll in new affordable insurance options available to them. We look forward to working with these health centers to ensure they have the tools they need to serve Colorado."
"Community health centers provide critical services for hardworking Coloradans who rely on their health to provide for their families," Udall said. "These funds will help community health centers around the state ensure more Coloradans are aware of their options for affordable health coverage and how to access those services to keep their families healthy."
The HHS funds are expected to go toward hiring new staff, training existing staff and conducting community outreach and educational activities. The community health centers eligible for the funds are:
- Clinica Campesina Family Health Services, Lafayette
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, Denver
- Denver Health and Hospital Authority, Denver
- Dolores County Health Association, Dove Creek
- High Plains Community Health Center, Lamar
- Metro Community Provider Network, Englewood
- Mountain Family Health Center, Nederland
- Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, Inc., Craig
- Olathe Community Clinic, Inc., Olathe
- Peak Vista Community Health Centers, Colorado Springs
- Plains Medical Center, Inc., Limon
- Plan De Salud Del Valle, Inc., Fort Lupton
- Pueblo Community Health Center, Inc., Pueblo
- Sunrise Community Health, Evans
- Uncompahgre Combined Clinics, Norwood
- University Of Colorado Denver, Aurora
- Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc., Alamosa
For information on applying for this funding opportunity, visit HHS's website page for the program.